WE CAN HELP
What To Do if You Have a Water Loss
Steps You Can Take to Minimize Water Damage Until Action Restoration & Cleaning Arrives
- Call the professional help you need to locate and stop the source of the water.
- Be careful walking form carpet to tiled surfaces. They will be slippery.
- Document what you can using pictures and notes.
- Call ACTION and your insurance agent as soon as possible.
- Begin cleanup and drying promptly to avoid bacteria and secondary moisture problems.
- Furniture, personal objects, paintings and art in affected areas- remove as much of it as possible to safe, dry locations.
- Remove and dry wet fabrics as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Place wood blocks, plastic wrap or aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent transfer of stains or rust to carpet from casters and metal pads.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting. Do not use household vacuum to remove water!
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Remove oriental rugs or other "throws" from on top of wet wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Lift draperies off carpet and pin up or loop them over a coat hanger and hang them from the rod.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions so that they can dry evenly. Check for possible bleeding.
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors, or luggage to help drying.
- Punch small-diameter holes in sagging ceilings to allow water to drain.
- Remove damp books from shelves and take to a dry room.
- In cold weather leave heat on. In hot weather leave your AC on.
- Be careful of electricity. Do not use TV or appliances while on wet carpets or floors.